Hours of Operation: 7:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Address: 700 N. Baker
Hutchinson, KS 67501
Principal: Sherri Hart
Assistant Principal: Adelyn Soellner
NO PUTDOWNS...pass it around!We are working on No Putdowns...pass it around! in USD 308. Click here for more information on how to help.
NewsletterLatest edition of the McCandless Newsletter.
Vision StatementUSD 308 and McCandless Elementary Staff, students, parents, business partners, and community members will work collaboratively, in a systematic approach, to provide a safe, engaging environment that is committed to meeting the needs of every learner, challenging all students to be continuous learners by achieving academic skills, emotional, and social skills, in order to become self-sufficient productive members in an ever-changing world
Our Core Beliefs
It takes a village to raise a child
- Building strong relationships is the cornerstone of learning.
- All students can learn and grow in a safe environment regardless of disability, SES, and differences.
- All staff members are professional and all adults in the school shall be positive role models.
- All individuals shall be life long learners, have opportunities to learn and experience success in our changing environment.
- Everyone has the right to be treated with respect.
- Change is positive, purposeful, and necessary.
- Education is a shared responsibility of students, parents, school personnel, and the entire community.
Mission StatementUnique individuals united by shared common values
McCandless Elementary Staff and all stakeholders will use a systematic approach to work collaboratively as partners to ensure individual student needs are met in order to cement the mastery of academic skills and social skills, thus producing a strong work ethic, confidence, independent problem solvers, and critical thinkers prepared to be ongoing learners in an ever-changing world.
*Relationships *Responsibility *Rigor *Relevance