Three Hutchinson Career and Technical Education Academy seniors at Hutchinson High School have been named 2019 Kansas Career and Technical Education (CTE) Scholars, the Kansas State Department of Education announced Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
Receiving the award at HHS were:
- Becca Paine
- Hailey Kisner
- Hailey Wiens
The Kansas CTE Scholar program is an opportunity to recognize well-rounded outstanding CTE students who are finishing their senior year of high school. This is the second year for the initiative.
Students have to be a high school senior and meet the following criteria to be selected as a scholar:
- Have earned or presently enrolled in 3.0 or more CTE credits.
- Provide documentation of technical skill attainment.
- Have a CTE Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or better in CTE coursework.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Demonstrated community engagement.
- Have professional learning experiences.
- Provide a career vision summary statement.
Scholars will receive a commemorative pin, special certificate and statewide recognition.