Hutchinson Public Schools continues a program that provides summertime meals to children and youth in 2019 at six locations.
The meals are free for any child or teen, ages 1 to 18. No reservations are required for the meals, and no identification is needed. Adult meals are available for $3.65.
Meals will be served Monday through Friday from June 3 through July 26. There will be no meals served on Independence Day, July 4.
Locations and times of service are below.
- Hutchinson Middle School – 7, 210 E. Avenue A, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Hutchinson Public Library, 901 N. Main St., 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Boys and Girls Club at Shadduck Park, 600 W. 2nd Ave., 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Fairgrounds Splash Park, 2101 N. Severance St., 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Avenue A School, 111 S. Madison, 11 a.m. to noon
Additionally, from June 3 to 28, meals will be served at McCandless Elementary School, 700 N. Baker, from 11 a.m. to noon.
The hot meals are similar to those provided during the school year, providing an entrée as well as plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. The regular hot meals are served at HMS-7, Avenue A, Boys and Girls Club and McCandless (June only at McCandless).
Sack lunches are provided at the Fairgrounds Splash Park location and the Hutchinson Public Library. There will be two sack lunch menus:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: PB&J, String Cheese, Apple Slices, Carrots and Milk
- Tuesday/Thursday: Deli Sandwich, Goldfish Crackers, Apple Slices, Carrot Sticks and Milk
The program is funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture.