Regular meetings of the Board are on the second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Administration Center, 1520 N. Plum. Meetings may be moved to district schools from time to time.
Board agendas are available on the Friday before the Board meeting at https://www.boarddocs.com/ks/usd308/Board.nsf/Public.
Below is the schedule for the remainder of the 2018-19 school year.
- Feb. 25: Regular Board Meeting at the Administration Center, 1520 N. Plum
- March 11: Hutchinson High School in HCTEA Events Center, 800 15th Circle..
- March 25: No meeting, Spring Break
- April 8: Hutchinson Middle School – 7, 210 E. Avenue A
- April 22: MidTown Center (report on Avenue A Academy), 200 E. Sherman
- May 13: Wiley Elementary School, 900 W. 21st
- May 27: No meeting, Memorial Day
- June 10: Graber Elementary School, 1600 N. Cleveland
- June 24: Regular Board Meeting, Administration Center, 1520 N. Plum
Operating Norms of the Board of Education
Adopted by the USD 308 Board of Education on Dec. 8, 2003
- First and greatest concern is for students, their learning and their welfare Be courteous to each other
- Express personal opinions, but once the Board has acted accept the will of the majority
- Keep the confidentiality of privileged information, especially in executive session
- Be responsible for establishing policy and hold the superintendent accountable for seeing that the policies are administered
- Make no promises or commitments on behalf of the Board. Be proactive, rather than reactive. Make decisions using deliberate process - receiving information, discussion, dialogue and action
- Everyone should have a fair chance to discuss what is on his/her mind