Regular meetings of the Board are on the second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Administration Center, 1520 N. Plum. Meetings may be moved to district schools from time to time.
Board agendas are available on the Friday before the Board meeting at http://go.boarddocs.com/ks/usd308/board.nsf/public
District Mission/Vision/Core Values
Mission: “Educating, empowering and preparing every student for life.”
Vision: "Today's students prepared for tomorrow’s world."
Core Values: “Honor, persistence, compassion, scholarship and excellence”
Approved by Board on Nov. 11, 2019
Operating Norms of the Board of Education
Adopted by the USD 308 Board of Education on Dec. 8, 2003
- First and greatest concern is for students, their learning and their welfare Be courteous to each other
- Express personal opinions, but once the Board has acted accept the will of the majority
- Keep the confidentiality of privileged information, especially in executive session
- Be responsible for establishing policy and hold the superintendent accountable for seeing that the policies are administered
- Make no promises or commitments on behalf of the Board. Be proactive, rather than reactive. Make decisions using deliberate process - receiving information, discussion, dialogue and action
- Everyone should have a fair chance to discuss what is on his/her mind