We understand the importance of extracurricular activities in our community. It is an exciting time for those who participate in a winter activity. These activities, however, are going to look different for participants as well as spectators.
Hutchinson Middle School will play their regular schedules, but no fans will attend until the gating criteria improves to the Orange Zone.
For Hutchinson High School home games through January 28, 2021, interscholastic activities will allow for attendance of up to two parents/guardians per participant(s) family. For away games, visiting fans will be accommodated by rules adopted by the local board of education or health department restrictions.
- A maximum of two parents/guardians may attend regardless of the number of participants in a family.
- No “substitutes” for parent/guardian if they are unable to attend the contest.
- Coaches, sponsors and directors are working to create parent/guardian lists for winter activities if allowed at those events.
- Spectators must be masked the entire time, even if socially distanced.
- Coaches may have parents/guardians or spouse/significant other in attendance.
- Parents/guardians should arrive just prior to the start of their child’s contest and we ask that you leave the facility at the competition of your child’s game.
- No concessions will be provided.
- No outside food or drinks will be allowed.
- Admission will be $6 per parent/guardian and name must be on the approved spectator list.
- Certain events and contests may be more restrictive to parent/guardian attendance such as tournaments/invitationals or capacity of the venue being used.
- Streaming (if possible) information of events, concerts, etc. will be shared as that information becomes available.